After two full year with us, our dear Thanh is ending her contract as social worker.
Therefor, School on the boat is recruiting a new member! Hereby, you can find all the information needed for the job!
Title: Social worker
Duration of assignment: from octber 1st 2017 to September 30th 2018
Location: Hanoi (Phuc Xa district and Long Bien area)
Type of contract : Local contract (full time) – 1-year renewable
Supervision: The social worker refers directly to the international coordinators and to the President of the NGO. She/He will have a support from the local coordinators.
Trial period: 2 months (85% of the full salary)
Salary: 8.000.000 VND/Month
Application Deadline: September the 10th
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Description of the position
Global mission, framework and context of the position - The social worker is in charge of the social and educational support of minor beneficiaries of School on the Boat and their families as part of the protective measures of social assistance to children. He also plays a major role in project management and daily management of community life. The social worker is the privileged interlocutor of School on the Boat for relations with the beneficiaries and institutions. Within a multidisciplinary team, the social worker mediates in three areas in Hanoi around the Long Bien Bridge. The social worker in the person in charge to make the link between the projects manager and the field. He/she will have to build and maintain the relationship with the final beneficiaries of the action of School on the Boat (Children and their families). He/she is also in charge of the relationship with the schools and the schooling follow up of the children in the School on the Boat program. He/she will be also in charge of all the Vietnamese-administrative related questions.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS
- Master’s degree in Social studies or Psychology
- Experience in Social work
- Work experience with underprivileged people (children and families)
- Knowledge about Vietnamese regulation and policy system
- Good communication skills: diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to work in an international environment
- Good knowledge of Hanoi and the area (Phuc Xa District)
- Autonomous: be able to work independently displaying dynamic organizational skills, team work and dedication.
- Multidisciplinary work, taking initiative, open-minded
- English speaker
- Have own transport – a Motorbike
If you are interested by the Social worker position, you can send a Resume and Cover letter to the following address: